By the end of the course the learner will be able to:
•Describe the mechanism of action of botulinum toxin-A
•State the contraindications for neurotoxin injection
•Identify essential components of patient consent
•Interpret key components of TN state law regarding injectables
•Differentiate between various commercial neurotoxins
•Diagram key muscles of the upper face
•Examine and assess facial musculature using animation and palpation
•Demonstrate correct marking of upper face injection points
•Formulate customized patient treatment plans
•Understand variability in product concentration and demonstrate appropriate reconstitution
•Perform safe and appropriately placed injections
•Explain how to manage complications
•Assess effects of treatment and correct as needed
1. Morning: Pre-test. didactic, post-test
2. Afternoon: hands-on (models provided if needed)
3. Lunch and learn (lunch provided)
4. Workbook included
5. 14-21 days later: Return to reassess/re-treat your patients (if remote can arrange televisit)
6. Total of 10 hours of instruction
7. Certificate awarded upon completion
8. Qualified individuals may apply for letter of recommendation to be used in job search.
1. Active, unemcumbered RN/NP/PA license
2. Minimum of 2 years bedside nursing/NP/PA experience
3. American Heart Association BLS Certification
4. Proof of covid vaccination
5. Mission statement: minimum one paragraph statement about why you are taking this course and what your goals are.
** Space is limited and all applicants will be pre-screened prior to registration. Please text (615) 802-4515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to apply.
Private training: $1995
Group training: Deduct $100 for each additional student for max of 5 students.