There's something about the beginning of Spring that puts a little, well, "spring" in my step. While March in Middle Tennessee tends to be unpredictable, there are a few blessed events we can count on to usher in the new season. Thank you, daylight savings and Spring Break!
We'll "Spring Forward" on March 12, gaining another hour of blessed daylight that, despite the temperature, brings the promise of better days ahead. Of sunshine and warmer weather, of the smell of freshly mowed grass and new blooms. Even the birds seem to sing a sweeter tune come Spring.
For me, March 12 will be bittersweet, as it marks 2 years since I lost my sweet dad. My heart is still broken and I still ugly cry on the reg, but I have to chuckle knowing daylight savings falls on his day. He would love that. Forever micomanaging- I mean thinking about- us, ha ha, no matter how old we got, we could always count on Dad to send us a reminder to change our clocks. Oh how I miss those little things, sometimes even more than the big. So, if I look a mess, I am, but I'm also ok. I'm ok because he taught me to be. If you're in the shop, give him a wave as you walk by and thank him for me for this amazing life, and for giving me the education, experiences, and tools to make Allyn Aesthetics a success.
For you, my wish is that you take full advantage of all we have to offer you for whatever it is you need to "bloom" this Spring. Whether you're looking for a complete reset or just need an hour to decompress, we're here for you. Take a moment to browse the menu or website (we've added a lot in the past few months) and schedule some "you time". Reach out if you have questions or need recommendations- we have lots of options (and opinions!).
As always, we welcome your feedback, invite you to pop in if it's been a while, encourage you to tell your friends about us, and would love if you'd keep submitting those five star google reviews- I did the math and we need roughly 500 to bury that pesky one... I'll include a link below (hint: there'll also be a great reward when we finally hit our target!)
Thank you for all you've done to support us and help us grow!
This month's topics:
1. Buzzword: Biostimulation
2. Body sculpting
3. Meet our laser
4. Waxing and laser specials
6. Google reviews
7. Pricing changes
8. Policy reminders
9. Nutrafol 30% off
The phrase "collagen biostimuation" is all the buzz these days, thanks to social media and clebrities sharing their age-defying secrets. These modalities are not new, however, and those of us "in the know" are just excited that y'all are now paying attention!
In our mid 20s to early 30s we lose about 1% of our collagen every year until age 40, when production drops dramatically and the signs of aging really kick in. It is for that precise reason that stimulating collagen growth is the name of the game in any attempt to turn back the hands of time. While taking collagen supplementation orally may make our hair and nails grow faster, there isn't a lot of great science to support it making a significant difference in cutaneous (skin) collagen volume. Luckily, we have lots of other ways to get that collagen to grow! Every single option below will help your body generate more collagen but, as with anything we offer, they are all more powerful in combination and with a series of treatments.
1. Chemical Collagen Biostimulation (PRX Derm Perfection)- we talked a bit about this last month. PRX Derm Perfection uses 33% TCA, which, when used superficially, would dramatically peel the skin. However, this particular product is paired with hydrogen peroxide which drives the TCA to the deeper layers of the skin, remodeling tissue and stimulating collagen growth down below while the surface layer remains intact. On our menu as the "Glass Facial" you may also hear it referred to as the "Cinderella Facial", because of its seemingly magical perfecting qualities. Safe for every skin type, with no downtime or photosensitivity, this is an incredible treatment to do the day before an event for an unparalleled glassy glow! PRX Derm Perfection is done initially in a series of 4 treatments spaced one week apart, with maintenance sessions monthly as desired. Package of four is discounted and includes post-care products.
2. Injectable Collagen Biostimulation (Hyperdilute Radiesse)- Radiesse (calcium hydoxylapetite), a revolutionary dermal filler product, works as a biostimulator when injected in its dilute form, stimulating collagen growth in areas of the face less conducive to traditional filler use (such as cheek hollows). Have you heard about Sculptra? This works the same way! Hyperdilute Radiesse can be used anywhere on the face or body to improve tone, texture, and volume.
3. Microneedling (aka collagen-induction therapy) is the gold standard for remodeling skin and inducing collagenesis, and is safe and beneficial for virtually everyone. To perform this service, we use a battery-operated "pen" that has tiny needles at the tip that glide over the skin, punching tiny pinholes in the surface. The depth of penetration is adjustable and patients are pre-numbed for maximum comfort. Pair this with platelet-rich fibrin (PRF), and the skin-perfecting results are incredible.
4. Radio Frequency (RF) Microneedling (Morpheus8)- this provides all of the benefits of microneedling with option of deeper depths and the added boost of RF energy to stimulate collagen and tighten the skin. RF microneedling is not only incredible for tightening but improves skin tone and texture and shrinks pore size!
5. High-Frequency Ultrasound (Ultherapy)- ultrasound waves are used to target the deep, middle, and superficial planes of facial tissue, strengthening collagen which in turn lifts tissue of the face and neck. Non-surgical facelift? Yes, please! This is an excellent option to pair with hyperdilute Radiesse and PDO threads.
6. PDO Threads- polydiaxonone (PDO) threads are dissolvable sutures inserted into the dermal layers of the face, neck, and body. Barbed threads are placed along specific vectors to enable lifting and tightening, while smooth threads can be placed to improve texture and remodel tissue. One of the greatest benefits of thread placement is the temporary inflammation it creates, which in turn promotes collagen proliferation.
7. Alastin's restorative and transformative skincare porducts are supplementary serums available for purchase in the office. With their patented Tri-Hex technology, Alastin products increase collagen and elastin, descrease collagenase (the enzyme that breaks collagen down), and helps clear out old elastin to make room for the new. Available for face, eyes, neck, and body, these transformative products are essential tools in our anti-aging arsenal!
Interested in learning about which options are right for you? Call the office to schedule a consult!
Did you know we offer body sculpting? The EvolveX Transform combines heat with radio frequency (RF) energy to melt fat cells and stimulate muscle contractions. Most relaxing workout ever! The optimal candidate is of normal body weight with small areas of stubborn fat such as on the abdomen, love handles, thighs, and upper arms. This is not a weight-loss tool but can be used to trim and tone in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Schedule your consult today to see if you're a good candidate for this incredible treatment!
Have you met our workhorse, the Rohrer Spectrum? This device is about to be your new BFF as you prep for Spring break and Summer vacay! The Spectrum is a 5-platform laser, meaning it has the capability to do all five of these treatments:
1. Hair reduction
2. Spider vein reduction
3. Tattoo reduction
4. Erbium resurfacing (think mega-peel)
5. IPL (intense pulsed light for the correction of red and brown spots)
We have incredible everyday bundle discounts on laser hair reduction that can save you up to 50% per area! Looking to start any of these treatments before bikini season? Call us to schedule a consult and we'll get you on the books!
Save 10% on all traditional bikini waxes and 20% on Brazillians!*
Buy 6 bikini or brazillian laser hair reduction sessions and get one free, or buy 12 and get 3 free!*
*Offers expire March 31- stock up now to lock in this incredible deal!
Massages are now on the menu!! BOOK HERE
We did the math and need 500 5-star reviews (2,500 stars?) to bury that pesky (undeserved, IMO) one! Willing to share your experience?
Here's the link: https://g.page/r/CdL4_gCduGKLEB0/review.
The moment that 1-star disappears we'll throw you a huge bash (aka super savings opportunity) to say thank you!
Although the cost of supplies and equipment has steadily risen over the past few years, we've done our best to absorb those costs to avoid raising our prices. Unfortunately, it is just no longer realistic to continue to charge the same as we did when we opened in 2019.
As always, we strive to add maximum value to all services, and, unlike many places, we won't nickel and dime you for every "add-on". We'll never charge you extra for aromatherapy or for adding a light peel or specialized product to your facial, if it's something your skin needs. Our aestheticians are highly specialized and our facials are not only results-driven, but completely customized. For that reason, the price of your service gives your aesthetician the freedom to select each and every product that will maximize your results, without adding to the cost.
As a "thank you" for your understanding (and to add maximum value and results to your service) we're now including LED* (previously a $50 charge) to all Signature facials.
This price increase will go into effect on April 1, and applies to facials only. All other services and Membership prices will remain unchanged.
*If you do not wish to use the LED light, please note it on your appointment request so we can adjust the time accordingly. The LED add-on is free, so removing it from the service does not change the price.
As a reminder, our policies are in place for everyone's safety, your comfort, and to maximize the success of your treatments. Please keep them in mind when planning your visit and reach out if you have questions.
1. As professionals, we aim to provide the highest level of service and care, and thoroughly prepare for each visit. For this reason, we require that your medical intake form be completed a MIMIMUM of 24 hours pior to your visit. This includes consults. If documentation is not complete, you will be contacted to reschedule.
2. In order to provide a relaxing environment for all, please arrange childcare, outside of the spa, for the duration of your visit. Children may accompany parents to hair salon visits only, and must remain supervised in the salon. For their safety, children are not allowed in treatment areas unless they are receiving a service (select services available for 10 years and older). Minor clients must have a parent or guardian present at all times, in the room, for the duration of the service. No exceptions.
3. Due to the number of new clients that no-show, we are now requiring pre-payment for all NEW CLIENT visits. Depending on the service, this may be full payment or a deposit- please read all provided information when booking. This is a non-refundable fee.
4. We do not allow "just in case" booking. Appointment slots are in demand and will not be held for you to decide if you do or do not want a service. If you want it, book it. If you're on the fence, think about it and return to booking when you're sure. This applies to return visits for dose adjustments on tox. All clients must wait the full 14 days before booking a "touch-up" visit. Appointments made within 14 days of initial injections will be cancelled.
5. Laser, IPL, body sculpting, RF microneedling, Ultherapy, medical-grade peels, and injectables are all medical procedures/treatments. This means that you must be seen and evaluated by a medical professional (who is licensed to prescribe) prior to receiving your first treatment. This is not only the law but is a standard of care thet you should expect no matter where you go for your services. If you'd like to book one of the above services and have not yet had a medical clearance exam, please call the office to schedule your consult.
6. Cell phones may be left on, in silent or vibrate mode, in case of emergency. However, please be courteous of your service provider and other patrins and do not conduct phone conversations or meetings during your service. If you take a non-emergent call or join a phone meeting during your service, your treatment provider will stop the service, you will be asked to reschedule, and you will be billed in full for the visit.
All Nutrafol stock is 30% off while supplies last. Stock up on your favorites before they're gone!